26 January, 2009

Croft stung with big legal bills after appeal loss

My nice evening out with mates was spoiled tonight as I've just got the news that the Croft circuit lost it's appeal against a "noise pollution" verdict - and that the legal bills and damages are potentially ruinous to the circuit owners.

I'm dont understand the detail of the case, but my guess is that the ruling will mean, best case, an Oulton park style limit on the number of days the circuit maybe active - along with other minor UK circuits this seems to be becoming the norm.

Sadly this is usually bad news for bike racing - car racing days seem to get priority - I guess because they are more profitable.

The UK is just too small, with not enough room. It is already the 4th most densely populated country on earth with nearly 1,000 people per square mile, and at current growth rates we are set to be the biggest country in Europe (by population) by 2060. I guess it just goes to show that theres not enough good stuff on telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment